Thursday, May 2, 2013
Today is the big day!!! The Slippery Rock University Health and Physical Education Department has come up with the idea to create a "Recess" for college students today. Our goal is to get people that are walking by to join in to the games the department has set up all over the central "quad" of the school. There will be games like Corn hole, can jam, horse shoes, and more! For the people who do not have time to stop and play these games, there will be hop scotch on the sidewalks, so they can hop scotch on the way to class. Hopefully this is a hit today so that we can plan many more days like this next year, and maybe even have a whole recess DAY! This will be held from 11 to 2, so stop on by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This event was a great success! There were so many people who stopped by and participated. I wish it would have lasted longer. That would be great if they could do a whole recess day! I am really looking forward to the next time we do this. It was a great way to relax on our break from class and everyone really seemed to enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteThis was seriously a GREAT idea for an event! I really wish that I was able to attend "Recess". I had so much to do that day so I didn't get to go and enjoy the beautiful day and the opportunity to reach out to the campus to promote health and physical activity. I heard that it was a great success though, which is awesome because I'm sure that is exactly what the intent was behind the event!
ReplyDelete